is bit more than medium…
Bread Flour - 3 Cups (You can use unbleached or regular APF flour)
Active Dry Yeast - 1 Tbsp (If using Instant yeast then 2tsp is fine)
Warm Water - 1 Cup + ( 1 Tbsp if needed)
Olive Oil or Canola Oil - 1 Tbsp
Sugar - 2tsp
Kosher Salt - 1tsp
Milk Powder - 3 Tbsp
Shredded Mozerella Cheese - 2 Cups ( I added 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar to it)
Garlic Powder - 1/4tsp
Butter - 3 Tbsp
Butter - 3 Tbsp
Salt - 1/4tsp
Italian Seasoning Mix - 1tsp
Oregano - 1tsp
Dry Basil - 1tsp
Garlic Powder - 1tsp
Parmesean Cheese - 2-3 Tbsp
I use 15LX10W Inch Cookie Sheet or Baking Pan
- In 1 cup lukewarm water add the yeast, sugar and allow to sit in warm place for 5 minutes or till it becomes frothy.
- Meanwhile mix flour, salt, milk powder and garlic powder in a wide mixing bowl.
- Now add the yeast mixture and either use electric mixer or knead by hand till the whole turns in to a soft ball.
- Now add oil and keep kneading for 5 more minutes, if needed you can sprinkle more water.
- Grease the cookie sheet with 3tbsp of melted butter, I have used parchment paper over the sheet so i greased the parchment paper with butter.
- Lightly roll the dough lengthwise and using hand evenly spread the dough over the cookie sheet as shown in step wise Picture 1 below.
- Cover the sheet or baking pan with cling wrap and place it in warm place for 90 minutes, so the dough will rise.
- Meanwhile you can shred the cheese and the shredded cheese can be refrigerated till use (Pic 3).
- After 90 minutes (1 and 1/2 hours of time, score the dough using pizza cutter or knife in to equal slices, I did 14) and divide them row wise in to 2 as shown in Picture 2.
- Now melt 3 tbsp butter and add the remaining ingredients specified in seasoning list in a bowl spread for the bread sticks (Pic 3).
- Apply over the scored dough (Pic 4).
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and then reduce the temperature to 400 F and bake the bread sticks for 6-7 minutes, now add the shredded cheese and keep baking for another 6 minutes or till you get bubbles out from the cheese (Picture below).
- Once done let them cool for a while then slice and serve hot.