Basmati Rice – 4 cups
Shrimp – 750 grams
Onion – 2 Large (3 medium size) Green Tomato – 2 small or 1 large (Replace with Red Tomatoes)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 4 Tbsp
Coriander Powder -2 Tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 n 1/2 Tbsp
Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
Mint – 1 small Bunch
Coriande Leaves – 1/2 Bunch
Green Chili – 1 Number
Star Anise – 2 Number
Bay Leaves – 2 Number
Oil/Butter – 4 Tbsp or more
To Dry Roast
Fennel Seeds – 1 Tbsp
Brinji/Bay Leaves – 3 Number
Cloves – 8 Number
Cinnamon – 2 medium lenghty piece
Cardamom – 3 Number
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 Tbsp
Pepper Corns – 12 Number
Serves – 4 Adults
- Soak rice for 40 minutes.
- Peel the shell n Devein the shrimp Pic 1.
- If you are a beginner then check how to clean and devein the shrimp here.
- Dry roast the ingredients given under “to dry roast” with 1/2 of salt and powder it.
- In a wide pan heat oil/butter add Star anise and Bay leaves.
- Add the thin sliced onions n fry till golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste when nice aroma attains add chopped tomatoes Pic 2.
- When tomatoes become tender add coriander powder, green chili, Red chili powder, powdered whole garam masala n shrimp, stir for few more mins Pic 3.
- Now chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- When shrimp changes to Orange Pink and masala leaves oil, add rice/coconut milk and transfer all to the cooker Pic 4.
- For 4 cups of rice the total water + coconut milk should not be more than 6 n 1/2 cups.
- Cook as you do for normal rice Pic 5.
- If shrimp overcooked then turns rubbery, so while sauting when it changes color move to next step.
- I have given medium spice, so adjust according to ur taste.