This is my first experience in baking biscotti. Usually biscottis are baked twice and thanks Priya sis for this wonderful challenge, she suggested 4 recipes with 2 savory and 2 sweet versions, out of that i chosed this recipe for home bakers challenge group. Kids really like this crisp biscotis and if u dont want more crispier then reduce the second baking time. Recipe
Source :- Adapted from here
- Grate the cheese in the veg grater/food processor.
- Add Flour,Salt, Baking Powder, Cayenne and Caraway in a separate bowl (Pic 1)
- Add the milk and whisk it well until milk n cheese are well combined (Pic 2).
- Add in the remaining ingredients, then start mixing with your hand/food processor(pulse) until the dough just forms a ball (Pic 3).
- Turn out
onto a slightly floured surface and knead 3-4 times(Pic 3) and the dough is coated
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and form into a long
rectangle/log, about 8″ long (I made 2 4″ inch long) and 4-6″ wide (Pic 4, depending on how short and fat or
long and skinny you want your biscotti to be) and flatten gently with your
hands (Pic 4).
- Bake at 350°F for 20 – 25 minutes until the log is firm (Pic 5).
- Let cool about 10 minutes, then
cut into 1/2″ slices (Pic 6).
- Arrange again on the baking sheet, then bake for 10 minutes more.
- Flip and bake again for another 10-15 minutes or until biscottis are slightly golden (Pic 7).
- Let cool completely before serving or packaging.
- If you like to add egg then replace milk with 2 eggs for the above quantity.
- Adjust milk to form the dough.
- Can skip caraway seeds,if you don’t like the flavor.