to bake the same at home and finally I gave a try yesterday.
It was super soft and spongy and well textured, the pictures says it all. I have adapted the recipe from here and if you want to go for eggless version I have provided it too at the end of the post do check it out. Since the weather was dull yesterday I couldn’t click better pictures than these…
But recently I have updated the recipe with homemade coconut milk and eggless version picture as shown above.
- Lay baking paper in each muffin hole and keep aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- In a food processor or mixie, blend the shredded coconut to coarse (use pulse option, don’t powder it fine).
- Cream room temperature butter and sugar using hand blender.
- Add room temperature whole egg and egg whites, after each addition of an egg beat to combine well.
- Now add flour in 3 batches alternate with coconut milk.
- Finally add the 1/4 cup milk, vanilla extract, cardamom powder to attain cupcake batter consistency.
- If the consistency is not as shown below add few tsps milk.
- Add 2/3rd in each muffin hole and bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 15-17 minutes.
- Allow to cool them in the muffin pan for 5-7 minutes, later take it off and let them cool completely.
- Serve warm or store in air tight container for later use.
- Keeps good at room temperature for 2 days, later refrigerate it.
For Eggless Option (recently updated the eggless version pictures refer the very first picture…you may slightly differ from the texture shown here)