Mango Custard : I am starting my blogging journey with this delicious and easy fruit based quick and easy dessert under 30 minutes.
Its very auspicious to start with yellow color :-).
Mango Custard Ingredients
Ripe Mango – 1 Number Or Puree or Preserve – 1/3 Cup
Sugar – 1/4 Cup (If using preserve reduce sugar)
Milk – 1 Cup
Custard Powder Or Corn Starch – 3tsp or 1 Tbsp.
Cardamom Powder – 1tsp (if using custard powder reduce to 1/2tsp)
Few Fruit Pieces – Mango and Apple (Optional)
Saffron or Turmeric Powder – A Pinch (Optional)
Vanilla Extract – 1/4tsp (If using custard powder skip it)
Mango Custard Preparation
- Clean the mangoes, peel the skin, extract the pulp and blend in the mixie/food processor with sugar to a fine mango puree.
- Mix the custard powder with 1/4 cup warm milk in a separate bowl keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan bring the rest of milk to boil.
- Once bubbles appear on sides of the pan, start adding the milk + custard powder mixture in batches to it.
- While adding to reduce the flame to low.
- Stir continuously otherwise it will stick in the bottom.
- also the mixture gets thicken soon so do quickly stir while adding.
- When the mixture turns thick and shiny do remove from heat.
- Keep stirring for a while for the heat to evaporate even after removing from heat.
- Now add mango puree or preserve to the custard mixture mix well and refrigerate for 30mins at least.
- Add few fruit pieces you like while serving.
Notes & Variations
- To get a creamy custard, fold 2-3 Tbsp whipped cream before refrigerate (mango custard mixture should be at room temperature while adding it).
- Can add store bought mango pulp instead of fresh mango puree.
- If you get any lumps in the custard just blend in mixie / food processor or strain the custard mixture to get rid of lumps.
- Make sure custard is cooked well.