Brownies was in my mind for a long time and when two of the readers asked for the recipe 2 months back, was waiting for an opportunity to make it. When Sharanya suggested Blondie Brownie (Blonde bar) under the theme American Food Recipes for Priya aks Home Bakers Challenge, I grabbed the chance and made it last week…This Blonde Brownies (January 22 National Blonde Brownie Day) is a rich dessert loaded with Butter, Eggs, Sugar and White or Dark Chocolate chips apart from choc they add Walnuts or Pecans…
Blondie’s resemble the traditional chocolate brownie, but are based on brown sugar instead of cocoa; they are sometimes referred to as blonde brownies. They are baked in a pan in the oven similar to how traditional brownies are baked, then cut into rectangular shapes for serving. Blondie’s are sometimes served in sundaes, often topped with caramel sauce, but today I frosted/decorated it with white chocolate morsels. It tastes divine and on the whole this Brownies are truly a treat for dessert lovers
Recipe Source :- All Recipes
All-Purpose Flour – 2 and 1/4 Cups
Baking Powder – 2 and 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2tsp
Brown Sugar (Firmly packed) – 1and3/4 Cups
Butter or Margarine – 3/4 Cup, Softened (16 Tbsp)
Eggs – 3 Numbers
Vanilla Extract – 1tsp
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels – 1 (12 ounce) Package (I used Tollhouse 1 n /2 Cups mix of Dark Choco n White Morsels)
I took the below picture1 hour after brownies out from oven, I am not satisfied with this picture so the very next day I decorated with some white chocolate chips/morsels and took few pictures!!!
- Grease a 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan (I used 13×9 inch cake pan) with oil and parchment paper or Butter+Flour.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs one by one and add vanilla extract; gradually beat in flour mixture (Pic 1).
- Finally stir in morsels (Pic 2) and evenly spread into prepared/greased pan (Pic 3).
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown (Pic 4).
- Cool in pan on wire rack and cut into rectangles (Pic 5).
- Its optional to frost the blonde brownies…
- I melted white chocolate chips/morsels using double broiler method (melt chocolates over boiling water, Pic 6).
- And used cupcake decorating plain/round tool tip and made thin lines (Pic 7 & 8).
- They set very quickly 3-4 minutes of time, after that store in air tight container.
- The melted chocolate chips usually dry out soon, so when you feel they dried out before decorating add some shortening/oil to the melted chocolate and proceed further….