Raw Rice – 1 Cup
Split Yellow Moong Dhal/Pasi Paruppu – 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds – 2tsp
Whole Pepper – 2tsp
Green Chilli – 1-2 Numbers
Ginger – 1 Small Piece
Mustard Seeds – 1tsp
Hing – 1/4tsp
Curry Leaves – Few
Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
Ghee/Oil – 2tsp (I used oil)
Water & Salt – As Required
- Soak rice and dhal (Optional to roast with little ghee till nice aroma) for 30 minutes.
- Coarsely crush the cumin, pepper n salt using mixie/pestel.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds, add grated ginger, finely chopped green chilli, curry leaves, turmeric powder and hing saute for a while.
- Finally add the crushed powder and add this to the soaked rice/dhal mixture.
- Add 4 Cups of water, stir well, adjust salt and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- Alow to cool completely and mash it well.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney/sambar/Medu Vada or Masal vadai.
- Can add little hot water/milk if it needs watery texture before serving.