Red Keerai Leaves Poriyal , this red keerai is also called red amaranth, Sengkeerai (in tamil) is very good for health and this stir fry is yummilicious which goes well with plain rice.
Red Keerai/Red Amaranth/Cheng Keerai – 1 Bunch
Onion – 1 Number (Shallot works well)
Split Urad dhal – 1 Tbsp
Chana dhal – 1 Tbsp
Whole Red Chilli – 2-3 Numbers
Shredded Coconut – 1 and 1/2 Tbsp
Mustard, Oil and Salt – As needed
Old Post with Updated Pictures…
- Clean the leaves twice or thrice, drain the water and chop it.
- You can include thin stems as well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard when splutters add dals fry till golden brown.
- Add chopped onions, chili and salt, saute for few minutes.
- Add chopped red leaves cook in medium flame by closing the lid for few minutes.
- If needed sprinkle some water.
- Once the water evaporates add coconut and remove form heat.
- Check salt before serving.
Also add boiled moong dhal to this stir fry, which is optional.
Leave a Reply