Garlic Naan when I attempted first for a party at home, I doubled the quantity given here in the recipe and got around 30 naans. Everyone liked it and even the kids. So later whenever I make my little one have it plain by saying pizza :-). You can make this in advance and store it in Ziploc bags for 2-3 days in refrigerator. Before serving warm in pre heated oven for 5 minutes. You can make it in stove top as well. I have shared those pictures below.
Yields :- 12-14 Naans Approximately
Unbleached APF or Maida or Bread Flour – 2n1/2 Cups (I use 2 Cups APF and 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour)
Whey or Warm Water – 1/2 Cup
Thick Yogurt – 1/2 Cup
Butter – 3 Tbsp
Sugar – 1tsp
Salt – 1n1/2tsp
Garlic Powder – 1/2tsp (Optional)
*Active Dry Yeast – 1n1/2tsp (If using Instant Yeast use only 1tsp)
* Active Dry Yeast is grainy in texture so dissolve in warm water and proceed further.
Garlic – 5-6 Numbers
Red Chili Powder – 1-2tsp
Chana Dal – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
- Slice garlic in veg grater or chop it finely using knife and saute with oil and red chilli powder.
- If you like to have mild garlic flavor then reduce garlic and in the same pan fry chana dal with oil and chili powder then powder it coarsely in food processor.
- This coarse chana dal when sprinkled over naan (Step wise Pic 5) gives restaurant style naan look and taste wise too.
- Garlic powder gives very good aroma to the naan.
- For crispy naan spread as much thin dough to the pan.
- The naan shown here are bit thick and soft.