Yields – 12 (But I reduced butter about 4 Tbsp and used more dough for hat and scarf so got only 10 Cookies)
All Purpose Four – 2 n 1/2 Cups
Butter – 1 Cup/2 Sticks (Softened)
Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Water – 1tsp
Almond (Or) Vanilla extract – 1/4tsp
Red and Green Liquid/Paste Food colors – (I used Gel type)
Black and orange jimmies or sprinkles – (I used Pumpkin Shaped Sprinkles)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in water and extract, gradually beat in flour and mix well.
- Place 1/3 cup each in two small bowls, add red food coloring to one and green to the other, keep aside (Pic 1).
- Shape remaining dough into twelve 1-inch balls and twelve 1-1/2-inch balls (Pic 1).
- Now place one smaller ball over the other large one on ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly(Pic 2).
- Make ready with the hat and scarf so you can place them easily over the round balls (Pic 2).
- For scarf, shape 1/4 teaspoon of each color into a 3-in. rope, twist ropes together, leaving one end untwisted (Pic 3).
- Place scarf around snowman’s neck (Pic 3).
- For each snowman, shape 2tsp of colored dough into a hat; place above head (Pic 4).
- I mixed 2 colors for a single hat.
- Insert jimmies for eyes and nose/mouth (Pic 4).
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or bottom turns light brown (Pic 5 & 6).
- Cool on baking sheets n store in air tight container.
- It takes time to make scarf and hat by the time the dough gets dry so use dough in small proportion at a time.
- Also when dried wet your palms with little water and roll the dough gently, othewise you will get cracks on cookies.
- While rolling the balls, sometimes they break due to lack of moisture, here too wet ur palms n proceed.