Happy Mother’s day to all. I am dedicating this Eggless Butterless Strawberry Cake to my Mom who is so special for me. Every Mom is a roll model to their children. I am proud to say that i am a mom for 2 kids and trying to be like my mom in showing love, patience, tolerance etc…I made this cake for her but she couldn’t taste it as we are separated in matter of miles (Just showed the cake picture). So coming to the post what is special with this pink lady? Fresh strawberries good then, Egg less hmm then, butter less cake oh wow yup, definitely you guys love this cake and no compromise on taste.
Eggless Butterless Strawberry Cake Ingredients
All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 and 1/2 Cups
Thick Curd/ Hung Yogurt – 3/4th Cup (Yogurt should be very thick refer note)
Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 3/4 tsp
Cooking Oil – 2 Tbsp
Powdered Sugar – 3/4th Cup
Red food color – Optional
Salt – Pinch
Lemon Juice – 1 and 1/2 tsp
Milk – Optional
Eggless Butterless Strawberry Cake Preparation
- Clean the berries, wipe it, cut the odds and blend with a Tbsp of sugar to fine puree (Pic 1).
- In a large bowl add yogurt,lemon juice and sugar whisk well for few mins then add half of strawberry puree,baking powder,soda and salt whisk till it forms a foamy mixture.
- Now add flour in small proportions alternate with remaining strawberry puree (Pic 2), once done and if it is not to dropping consistency add few drops of milk.
- Finally add few drops of food color (Pic 3).
- Pour the batter in greased 8″round cake pan (Pic 4).
- Preheat the oven to 350° F, Bake for 15mins or till toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake (Pic 5).
Whipped Cream Frosting
Heavy whipping cream – 1 Pint (473ml)
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp