Whenever we get chance to taste Hawaiian pizza at outdoors, I think about its vegetarian version. I say it would be better if this is a vegetarian friendly. Hawaiian pizzas are basically non veg topped along with pineapple
chunks and loads of cheese. To a change I tried my version of pizza sauce at home and first time applied over this Veg Hawaiian style pizza for my daughter. Wow it was so delicious and its beyond my expectation. Do try and i am sure you definitely love this version of sauce and pizza, its close to original Hawaiian delight.
For Onion Pizza Sauce
Onion – 1 Number (Big in size)
Tomato – 1/2 number(Small size)
Pepper – 3/4th Tbsp
Cloves – 4 Number
Cinnamon – 1 Number
Fennel seeds – 1tsp
Garlic – 5 Number
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Salt – As Needed
- Grind all ingredients except oil and Salt.
- Heat oil, add the ground paste and salt, saute well till all moisture evoparates n oil separates (as shown in the picture).
- This sauce is ready in few minutes and enough for one 8″ thin pizza.
- This is similar to south Indian thokku n if you add more oil it will cook soon.
For Pizza Preparation
APF – 1 Cup
Yeast – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Water + Milk – 1/2 Cup
Onion Pizza Sauce – Above quantity (Homemade/Store bought)
Pineapple Chunks – 1/2 Cup – Fresh or Canned (I chopped fresh pineapple)
Shredded Mozerella cheese or Paneer & Salt – As Required
- Add yeast ,sugar to lukewarm milk+water and allow to foam up(10mins).
- Mix with AP Flour, Salt(If needed water), Allow to raise(1-2hrs).
- Punch it, knead well and use oven safe pans to bake (400°F for 7-10mins).
- Apply onion sauce, cheese the pineapple chunks, finally top with paneer/cheese and press well to get uniformity, before baking.
- Bake again in same temperature for 7mins or till cheese melts completely. Enjoy hot…
- The Left over sauce can be used as a side dish for Idli/Dosa.