This is our 10 years of friendship (completed 10 years last month) which I would like to share it with you all. She is one of my care takers. When I started living in Chennai, she searched house for me, cleaned and completed everything for house warming…She never forget all our B’days, Wedding day or any family events, She call n wish wherever we are…Our friendship starts as neighbor in Chennai, but now she resides in Kerala her hometown. She is such a Lovely person, the whole family cares for us, worth publishing her tasty aviyal for you dudes. She sent the Adai and Aviyal recipe ingredients via mail, trying to reduce my lengthy post hereafter, so will publish Adai later… I adapted the gravy to suit our taste buds.
Wish our friendship stay forever.
Brinjal – 3 Number
Yam – Frozen/Fresh 10 Medium Count
Raw banana – 1 Number (Small Size)
Snake gourd – 1 Number (Small Size)
Carrot – 2 Number
Beans – 1/2 Cup
Tamarind Juice – 1/4 Cup
Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
Red chili powder – 1tsp
Curd/Yogurt – 1/2 Cup or for taste.
Cucumber n Mango – Grate and Finally garnish it (Optional)
Salt n water – As Required
Shredded Cocount – 1/2 Cup
Green chili – 2 Number
Cumin/Jeera – 1/2 Tbsp
Onion – 1/4 Number
- Cut the veggies in bigger size as shown in picture.
- Add turmeric, 1/2 Cup water, Tamarind juice, Red chili powder and salt in pressure cooker.
- Stack the Drum stick, Beans, Yam and Carrot in bottom layer, the other easy cook veggies on top. Its not necessary to add water till all veggies get immersed, pressure cook it for 1 Whistle.
- Grind the ingredients given under “To Grind” to fine paste.
- Heat a tsp of oil, splutter mustard, add the ground paste with salt and little water when starts boiling add boiled veggies with veg stock(water), let starts bubbling, don’t stir much.
- Finally add beaten curd and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with grated cucumber or Mango.
She asked to add Raw Mango instead I added tamarind juice. If you wish, grate and add Mango along with cucumber before serving.
Happy to know about your friendship dear… lovely dish…
thanks for linking to my event…
Today's Recipe – Rava/Sooji Upma
Join in my first event – FEAST FOR YOUR GURU
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA