This is the last recipe from a bunch of Callaloo/Mulai Keerai/Thotakura/Spinach/Green leaves i bought one day :-). As I promised in Spinach Pakora/Bajji and Thugayal/Chutney recipes, today I am here with the spinach pesto pasta recipe. If you have any left over thogayal/chutney of spinach you can use it. Otherwise make it fresh and proceed with the pasta recipe below. Hop over the link provided in ingredients list to get the green leaves chutney recipe.
Cooked Pasta/Spaghetti – 3 Cups (I used Elbows)
Spinach Pesto/Thick Green Spinach Chutney/Green Leaves Pesto/Thogayal – 4 Tbsp
Tomato (Or) Lemon Juice – 1/2 Medium size or 1/2 Tbsp
Onion – 1 Number (Medium Size)
Chopped Bell Pepper/Capsicum – 1 Tbsp
Olive Cooking Oil – 2 Tbsp
Any Cooked Veggies (Carrot/Beans/Broccoli) or Raw Cucumber/Avacado Pieces/Cherry Tomatoes – As you wish
Salt – As needed
- Heat oil, add chopped onion, capsicum and saute with a pinch of salt n cook till onion turns light brown.
- Now add chopped tomato if using and saute till it mashes well.
- Add the pesto paste and saute for another couple of minutes.
- Now add cooked pasta, if like to add any cooked/raw veggies add at this point.
- Mix all together and if using lemon juice add it right now, adjust salt and remove from heat.
- I have not used any garlic or pepper, if you wish you can add so.
- Also you can add shredded cheese before serving.