Sweet corn is what we usually get here, very easy to cook and now this corn on season. Whenever I get fresh corns I prepare as mentioned in the first method which tastes similar to what we get in a street shop in front of “Palamudhir Nilayam” (I could not remember whether it belongs to the same shop or not but taste n flavor still remains in my mouth :))
The taste of Palamudhir
Cooked Corn – 1 1/2 Cups (given below how to cook corn in detail)
Hot red or green chilli sauce – 1/2 Tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1tsp
Pepper – 1/2tsp
Lemon Juice – 1tsp
Chat Masala – 1tsp
Salt – As Required
I How to Cook Sweet Corn
1. Microwave Cooking
- Mix all the ingredients except chat masala and lemon juice. Microwave for 3 mins, in between stir for every 1 minute…
- Finally add lemon juice n sprinkle chat masala over it before serving…
2. Steam Cooking
- If don’t have microwave use Idli steamer or cooker steamer and steam the corn kernels for 5 – 7mins.
- Mix all the other ingredients when corn is hot, give a quick stir n serve hot…
II How to Cook Traditional Corns
- If using our traditional corn then pressure cook with less water n salt for 1-2 whistles.
- Cool completely and then remove the kernels from stem.
- Or otherwise separate the corn kernels first and then pressure cook it for 1 whistle….
- Mix all the other ingredients when corn is hot, serve hot…
Cooked Corn – 1 1/2 cups
Mustard Seeds – 1/2tsp
Chana Dhal – 1 Tbsp
Split Urad Dhal – 1 Tbsp
Green Chili – 1 No.
Shredded Coconut – 2 Tbsp
Oil – 2tsp
Curry Leaves – Few
- If you want to go authentic then cook the corn by any of the choices explained above.
- Heat oil, temper mustard, when it sizzles add chana and urad dals.
- When grams turn golden brown add green chili,curry leaves, coconut, salt and corn kernels.
- Stir for 2-3mins in medium flame and remove from heat.
Organic Heallth Planet
Thanks for sharing great Information. It was very useful.
Health Benefits of vegetable,
Advantages of vegetable,
Organic Heallth Planet
Know the natural health benefits of eating vegetables like Spinach, Capsicum, Cucumber, Broccoli in Organic Vegetables.
I Love sweet corns & these are just few more reasons to flip over them.
Alphonso mango especially from Devgad and Ratnagiri region once are the tastiest and has some great health benefits too.
I personally buy them from http://www.mangoesmumbai.com as they are always fresh, on time and provide good prices compared to other online sellers.
Nice post, I liked it and enjoyed reading it, Thanks for sharing this information with us.
cooks in chennai
Thanks for the nice post
Packers and Movers Bangalore Will Ensure Tension-Free Move
Ready to move? Request free quotes today!
Packers and Movers Bangalore @ http://www.shiftingguide.in/packers-and-movers-bangalore.html
Packers and Movers Navi mumbai
packers and movers bangalore to chennai charges
packers and movers pune to mumbai charges
packers and movers noida charges
packers and movers mumbai charges
packers and movers kolkata charges
packers and movers delhi charges
packers and movers ghaziabad
Looking Yummy.. You can try it with Organic Sweet Corn and make it more delicious.
so yummy and healthy
Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving
Delicious sweet corn sundal love it.
Thanks for sharing with Favorite recipes event: Vegetarian recipes
nice simple and healthy sundal
B-O-O-O-O Halloween Event Oct 5th to Nov 5th
SYF&HWS – Cook with Spices
South Indian Cooking (SIC) Series
Love this sundal. Delish
Yummy and nice recipe..
Happy to follow u..do visit and join my space in your free time..
Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen