Sweet corn is what we usually get here, very easy to cook and now this corn on season. Whenever I get fresh corns I prepare as mentioned in the first method which tastes similar to what we get in a street shop in front of “Palamudhir Nilayam” (I could not remember whether it belongs to the same shop or not but taste n flavor still remains in my mouth :))
The taste of Palamudhir
Cooked Corn – 1 1/2 Cups (given below how to cook corn in detail)
Hot red or green chilli sauce – 1/2 Tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1tsp
Pepper – 1/2tsp
Lemon Juice – 1tsp
Chat Masala – 1tsp
Salt – As Required
I How to Cook Sweet Corn
1. Microwave Cooking
- Mix all the ingredients except chat masala and lemon juice. Microwave for 3 mins, in between stir for every 1 minute…
- Finally add lemon juice n sprinkle chat masala over it before serving…
2. Steam Cooking
- If don’t have microwave use Idli steamer or cooker steamer and steam the corn kernels for 5 – 7mins.
- Mix all the other ingredients when corn is hot, give a quick stir n serve hot…
II How to Cook Traditional Corns
- If using our traditional corn then pressure cook with less water n salt for 1-2 whistles.
- Cool completely and then remove the kernels from stem.
- Or otherwise separate the corn kernels first and then pressure cook it for 1 whistle….
- Mix all the other ingredients when corn is hot, serve hot…
Cooked Corn – 1 1/2 cups
Mustard Seeds – 1/2tsp
Chana Dhal – 1 Tbsp
Split Urad Dhal – 1 Tbsp
Green Chili – 1 No.
Shredded Coconut – 2 Tbsp
Oil – 2tsp
Curry Leaves – Few
- If you want to go authentic then cook the corn by any of the choices explained above.
- Heat oil, temper mustard, when it sizzles add chana and urad dals.
- When grams turn golden brown add green chili,curry leaves, coconut, salt and corn kernels.
- Stir for 2-3mins in medium flame and remove from heat.