Raw mangoes on season, it reminded the beach sundal so grabbed it from store. I were in Chennai for few years. In beaches we get two options from street sundal seller either puffed Rice/masala sundal or the plain peanut sundal, so today’s recipe fall on both these categories…Whenever I visit, I prefer to have plain peanut sundal. Frequently make without mango but if possibly substitute all ingredients then it fulfills the originality. The very first munch with paper cone well reminds the relaxed time spent at beach. If making this for Navratri festive, skip onion/chat masala as you wish…This is the perfect sundal for evening snack during this weekend I guess…
Dry/Raw Peanuts – 1 1/2 Cup
Pori/Marmara – 1 Cup
Raw Mango – 1 Number (Small)
Tomato – 1 Number (Small) (Optional)
Onion – 1 Number (Optional)
Cucumber – 1 Number
Carrot – 1 Number
Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
Chat Masala powder- 2 tsp
Water and Salt – As required
- If using dry peanuts soak at least 1 hour.
- Rinse and pressure cook with salt + 3 cups of water for 2 whistles.
- Small sized nuts require single whistle whereas for large peanuts allow 2 whistles.
- Finely chop the veggies, mix with little salt, red chili and chat masala powder.
- Drain excess water and mix hot boiled peanuts to the above mixture.
- At last give a quick stir with puffed rice and serve immediately…
perfect.. everybody loves them.. thanks for linking it 🙂
Fabulous looking sundal,i dont bother to munch some.
very nice sundal..love it…
nice n all time favorite sundal…
Today's Recipe – Rava/Sooji Upma
Join in my first event – FEAST FOR YOUR GURU
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Love this one…looks yummy