Kuchi Kilangu Maravalli Kizhangu Vadai is a crispier vadai / crispy yuca fritters and using tapioca root I already came out with yucca bonda, a soft version and now its time to post the crispier version . Yucca has many health benefits on its own, which is widely used/available in all countries. Usually I do this fritters / vadai by grinding yucca + soaked chana dhal with some spices. Recently we had family friends get together and our neighbor prepared this version of vada, so I got this idea from them and adapted it to kids friendly one. For this vadai you don’t need to add onion/ ginger/ garlic, a very simple and tastier version which can be prepared in jiffy for unexpected guest at home…This is the first snack my little son tasted on his own 🙂Ingredients for Kuchi Kilangu Maravalli Kizhangu Vadai
Yucca/Maravallikilangu – 1 Number (Large)
Whole dried Peanut – 2-4 Tbsp (As Needed to roll the vadas)
Red Chili Powder – 2 tsp
Chopped Curry Leaves – Few (Optional)
Salt – As Required
Oil – To deep Fry
Method for Kuchi Kilangu Maravalli Kizhangu Vadai
- Dry roast the peanuts till light brown.
- Cool and grind to bit coarse powder.
- Remove the outer skins and shred the yucca.
- For easy peeling soak yucca for at least 30 minutes (optional).
- Squeeze the excess water from shredded yucca.
- Mix all powders, salt with yucca .
- Roll to round balls and flatten with your palms as we do for vadas.
- Otherwise make desired easy shapes you like.
- Fry in hot oil till golden brown and drain the excess oil.
- Have it with hot tea/coffee.
- Once done shredding yuca / kuchi lilangu its a mandatory to squeeze excess starch otherwise the vadai batter turns watery.
- If there is peanut allergy then try adding coarsely crumbled corn flakes or gram flour and do make vadai out of it.
i haven't tried anything with yucca.. this look very interesting.. thanks for linking !
Yummy vadais. I recently made a fry with yucca.
Event: Halloween and Squash Fiesta
Event: Diwali Bash
Tempting vadas,can have this anytime,yummy
Wow great recipe
Event: Dish name starts with P
Yummy and tempting vadas
Crispy delicious vadas…Yum..
Wow! Looking really yummy..
Thanks for linking this yummy recipe to my event.
Super crispy vadas, feel like munching some.