Thattai Payir Karamani Sundal , Red Chori is our authentic beans and when mom cooks this beans for making gravy, she reserve half of the cooked one and prepare sundal for us. I reminded that during this golu time and presenting this sundal in a very simple and tasty way…
Dried Red Chori/Cowpea beans – 1 and 1/2 Cups
Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
Whole Red Chili – 2 Numbers
Salt and Water – As needed
Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Chana and Urad dal – 1 Tbsp each
Shredded Coconut – 2 Tbsp
Curry Leaves – Few
Green Chili – 1 Number (Optional)
- Soak dried beans for 8 hours.
- Pressure cook the beans with soaked water, salt, coriander powder and red chili for 3 whistles.
- Drain the excess water and have the sundal as it is, this really tastes great and we love to have like that most of the days.
- If like to enhance the taste then make tadka/garnishing with the ingredients given above.
- The stock you can have it as soup or substitute in any dhal gravies/rasam…