Thattai Payir Karamani Sundal , Red Chori is our authentic beans and when mom cooks this beans for making gravy, she reserve half of the cooked one and prepare sundal for us. I reminded that during this golu time and presenting this sundal in a very simple and tasty way…
Dried Red Chori/Cowpea beans – 1 and 1/2 Cups
Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
Whole Red Chili – 2 Numbers
Salt and Water – As needed
Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Chana and Urad dal – 1 Tbsp each
Shredded Coconut – 2 Tbsp
Curry Leaves – Few
Green Chili – 1 Number (Optional)
- Soak dried beans for 8 hours.
- Pressure cook the beans with soaked water, salt, coriander powder and red chili for 3 whistles.
- Drain the excess water and have the sundal as it is, this really tastes great and we love to have like that most of the days.
- If like to enhance the taste then make tadka/garnishing with the ingredients given above.
- The stock you can have it as soup or substitute in any dhal gravies/rasam…
nice and healthy
B-O-O-O-O Halloween Event Oct 5th to Nov 5th
SYF&HWS – Cook with Spices
South Indian Cooking (SIC) Series
Healthy sundal,wish i get a bowl rite now.
i was running out of options for making prasadam this navaratri..thanks for reminding this wonderful and nutritious sundal..
healthy nutritious sundal!!
Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving
wow lovely payir… i love this very much…
Today's Recipe – Bhel Puri Chaat – SNC No-1 Join in my first event – FEAST FOR YOUR GURU VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
healthy payir sundal….
Inviting to join Ongoing Event
Taste Of Tropics – Authentic Indian Platter