MIL loves murukku or any fried items to core, recently she got tooth ache and I made this quick and easy murukku sadham/rice by adding powdered murukku. She liked this flavored rice very much. Since she had toothache I have not added chana or urad dals while tempering and also I skipped onion and other hard particles that stuck in the teeth. Though it tasted really good and you can add onion and other optional stuff I mentioned below in the recipe. Also you can pack this rice for kids lunch box, my kids like it to core!!!
- Powder the murukku/chakli in a blender (Pic 1).
- Add fried peanuts and blend it as well. (Pic 2)
- Heat oil in a wide pan and when oil is hot temper mustard seeds.
- Add chana and urad dhal (if using).
- When dal turns golden brown add curry leaves, red chili, turmeric powders and green chili.
- Its optional to add chopped onions right now.
- Now add powdered murukku and cooked rice(pic 3).
- Adjust salt and stir well till all combined well (Pic 4).
- Serve hot, this goes very well with raita.