One excellent taste ice cream that we devoured mostly in this whole summer is homemade butterscotch Ice cream ; you heard it right yup it’s going to be today’s recipe. Butterscotch is made of primary ingredients like brown sugar and butter anyways butterscotch morsels/chips is the star ingredient here
in this recipe. If you don’t get in your place you can replace it with homemade butterscotch sauce (recipe follows) or store bought butterscotch essence.
Eggless Butterscotch Ice Cream Ingredients
Full Fat Milk – 1 Cup/250ml
Heavy Cream/Whipping Cream – 1 and 1/2 Cups (360ml)
*Butterscotch Morsels or Chips – 1/2 Cup/85-90 grams (refer below for homemade syrup)
Condensed Milk – 1/4 Cup/4 Tbsp (Optional)
Brown Sugar – 1-2 Tbsp you can increase few more tbsps but the praline(nuts) is going to have more sugar so increase accordingly)
*For Homemade Butterscotch Syrup
Dark Brown Sugar – 1/4 Cup
Unsalted Butter – 2 Tbsp
Heavy Cream/Whipping Cream – 1/4 Cup
Vanilla Extract -1/2tsp
Salt – 1/2tsp (If using salted butter skip 1/4tsp salt is enough)
Regular Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Brown Sugar – 2 Tbsp
Chopped or Roughly broken Cashew Nuts or Almonds – 1/3 Cup
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Oil – to grease the tray
Eggless Butterscotch Ice Cream Preparation
- If preparing butterscotch syrup from scratch then melt the butter in low flame.
- Later add the brown sugar, salt and heavy cream and stir the mixture in medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until it’s well blended.
- When the mixture is shiny and thick and reaches right consistency do remove form flame and place on cold water if necessary and don’t over cook.
- Chill/Freeze the bowl going to use for whipping the cream.
- Boil the milk in medium flame, when it starts foaming simmer it for another 3-5 minutes.
- Once done switch off the flame add the butterscotch morsels (Pic 1) and stir till morsels melts completely.
- If using homemade butterscotch sauce then mix it here with warm milk not hot milk instead of morsels.
- Keep it aside and let it cool completely (Pic 2).
- Meanwhile whip the heavy whipping cream till soft peaks attained.
- Now gradually add completely cooled butterscotch mixture (Pic 3), brown sugar and mix well.
- Close it tight with lid or cling film and freeze it for at least 4 hours.
- Now make the praline, grease the sauce pan with butter and add both sugars.
- In low flame keep stirring till sugar caramelizes well.
- Once it comes to thick consistency, add broken cashew nuts/Almonds (pic 4) and spread it over greased plate (Pic 5).
- Let it set in room temperature; it takes 30minutes minimum to set.
- Meanwhile bring the ice cream to room temperature.
- Once set break it in to little chunks, as my kids feel hard to swallow i added few drops of milk and churn in the food processor.
- Now add it to the lightly melted ice cream (Pic 6), just give a gentle stir and don’t overwork.
- Again freeze it for another 2 hours minimum and serve it in ice cream cones/wafers!!!
- Also if you have any leftover caramelized sugar syrup or store bought butterscotch sauce/chocolate syrup, top it over the ice cream and serve…
Related Recipe Links
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Butterscotch Buttercream Frosting
- Eggless Vanilla Cake with Butterscotch Buttercream Frosting
Ice cream looks delish..simply yummy.
Tasty and lovely looking ice cream.
Sona - quick picks/pick quicks
wow !! wud love to grab that cone straight away….butterscotch is always my favourite and a home made version is just too tempting. Yhanks for dropping by my space 🙂 Keep in touch
Yum yummy ice cream
too tempting! Very easy recipe. Thanks.
I have been drooling over these cones everytime I see them in fb butterscotch with pralineeee…oh yummmm!
I would like to try this delectable butterscotch ice cream ,Tx for sharing 🙂
My favorite ice cream.gonna try this one soon
wow yummy icecream…. wanted to try this for sure…
This is something i would love to give a try definitely,lucious icecream..
Wow this is perfect… Just love it…
bookmarked this recipe, it looks so yummy.
My favourite butterscotch. .tempting
mmm…OMG …drooling here…well explained post sis…
wow yummy ice cream…
yumm.. yumm.. yummy!
Easy and delicious ice cream….. Lovely clicks!!
Wonderful butterscotch iceecream recipe..bookmarked.
Woow… Ice cream looks so gooood… My Hubby loves butterscotch ice cream. It looks easy with your step wise pics. Bookmarked the recipe.