I used aluminum pan to make the cake Heart shape.
- Draw shape in cardboard, place over the cake and cut it Do the same for another layer).
- The end triangle comes from the corner left over cakes (I am not good in drawing so succeeded in 2nd attempt).
- Drain soaked Cherries and pour the syrup we prepared using spoon over the cakes.
- Allow cake to absorb the syrup, meanwhile whip the heavy cream.
- Apply the Whipped Cream over the first layer and add some soaked cherries.
- Gently place the other layer, cover completely with whipped cream.
- Decorate the top to your creativity. I added Chocolate strands and fresh Cherries.
Lot of effort, but satisfied with the outcome and happy they all liked it. Also they delighted with my Hawaiian Style Pizza, which I published in another post.
2. If using aluminum pan it takes time to cool so I kept the baked goods in fridge for 5 mins.
3. Also use one pan and cut the cakes in to two parts for assembling.