Shreded Coconut – 3/4th Cup (if using sweetened variety then reduce the sugar and you can mix any food color to it)
Active Dry Yeast – 1n1/2tsp (Initially i mentioned rapid rise yeast and changed to easily available dry yeast)
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Water – 2 Tbsp
Melted Butter – 2 Tbsp (Optional)
Sugar – 1/2 Cup (Or) 8 Tbsp
Tutti Frutti – 2-3 Tbsp
Gulkand – 1 to 2tsp or Rose Water – Few drops for flavor
Cashews/Raisins – 1/3 Cup
Ghee/Oil – 3/4th Tbsp
Salt – 1/2tsp
- Can also substitute a tbsp of dark brown sugar instead of white sugar while kneading the dough.
- You can use tangzhong method to get even soft buns…
- Recently I added 1/2 cup coconut milk + heavy cream, when the bread starts rising in the second proof. It almost soaked the top of the bun after 30 minutes and baked at 375 F for 17 minutes to get the brown and flat top. Here is the picture of it…
- If you are an egg eater then add 1 egg and reduce water/milk level.
- You can use the same filling and prepare buns using puff pastry.