Neer Mor Recipe , Spiced Butter Milk is a perfect drink to beat the heat during summer. I took my kids for the first time to
India for Summer Vacation and they played a lot with clay (kaliman in Tamil). I taught some authentic kitchen equipment like Ammi Kal / Grinding Stone, Viragu Adupu/Stove, Aaatu Ural / grinding Stone for kids. Amma makes buttermilk everyday so thought of presenting this recipe with hand crafted clay works we did, also my mom’s Raathal Vilaku (Kerosene Lamp) is there in the back drop.
Thick Yogurt – 1 Cup (Replace with 3 cups of butter milk)
Curry Leaves – Few
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp Ginger – Small Piece
Green Chili – Small Piece (Adjust to your tolerance)
Salt and Water
How to prepare Neer Mor
- If using thick yogurt then make butter milk by adding 3 cups of water to it.
- Grind ginger, 2-3 curry leaves, green chili and few drops of butter milk to fine paste.
- Mix this paste with butter milk.
- Temper mustard, cumin and green chili in few drops of oil, add it to the buttermilk.
- Adjust salt and serve chill.
- Raw shallots or Small onions/Vathal/Maavadu/Mor milagaai are the best combination.
- Displayed few clay works done for my kids 🙂
very authentic presentation..awesome..
Sona - quick picks/pick quicks
great presentation, Sangeetha !
very refreshing ! wonderful clicks !
OMG, I feel that I', in between a village shooting spot…You are becoming a BharathyRaja in the blogging world!!
Yummy and refreshing drink.. Best for summer to beat the heat.. Love it Sangeetha 🙂
Omg, beautiful set up, love that lanterns and pots…Excellent body cooler.
Perfect summer cooler
beautiful presentation sangee 🙂
Beautifully done.love the lantern and the pots.
Sharanya palanisshami (sara's TASTY BUDS)
Nice background akka , i know where you took these pics…………That lanther will be seen in pictures only these days…………
wow super clicks akka… though am not drink mor… awesome clicks… ammikal looks so cute…