Fresh/Frozen Blueberries – 1 and 1/2 Cups
Homemade/Store bought Thick Yogurt/Curd – 3/4th Cup
Whole/Full Fat/Thick Milk – 1/4 Cup
Heavy/Fresh Cream – 1/4 Cup (Replace with Regular Milk or Condensed milk (-) less Sugar)
Lemon Juice – 1 and 1/2 Tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 – 3/4th Cup
Salt – 1/4tsp
- Add cleaned berries, lemon juice, sugar and salt in sauce pan (Pic 1).
- Boil in medium heat and crush the berries in between using potato/dhal masher (Pic 2).
- When the sauce attains rolling consistency (5-8 minutes), remove from heat (Pic 2).
- Using strainer or extractor, pulse to extract the syrup and strain/remove the tiny blueberry seeds.
- It’s optional you can add as it is too…
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peak (Pic 3) and add yogurt, milk, cooled blue berry sauce, whisk for few more minutes till all incorporate well (Pic 4).
- Store it in air tight container or glass bowl covered with wrap.
- Freeze it for 3-4 hours to set completely.
- For first 2 hours, in 1/2 hour gap stir the frozen yogurt for few seconds (Pic 5).
- It may crystalize in the corners soon, so this process is to mix it evenly.
- If replacing heavy cream with regular or condensed milk then don’t whip, add it as it is…