Mutton – 1 Lb or around 1/2 kg
Shallot or Onion – 20 or 2 Numbers
Tomato – Half or 1 (Very Small size)
Coriander Powder – 4 Tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 1-2 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
Ginger/Garlic (GG) Paste – 2tsp
Pottukadalai/Roasted gram/Dhalia – 1 Tbsp
Shredded Coconut – 1/2 Cup
Mustard, Pepper corns – For tempering (1/2 tsp each)
Curry Leaves n Coriander Leaves – Few
Water – As Needed
Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai add mustard seeds when oil is hot enough.
- When mustard splutters add pepper cons,chopped onion, curry leaves, 1/4tsp salt for the onion to cook soon.
- Add Ginger garlic paste when onion changes golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato after attaining nice aroma from GG paste then add red chili and turmeric powder.
- Now add medium pieces of raw meat and stir for another 5 mins in medium flame.
- Add coriander powder and remove from heat.
- Grind coconut and dhalia to ground paste, add the paste, mutton masala to pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook with enough salt and water for atleast 5 hisses.
- After the first hiss simmer the flame.
- When pressure goes off garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- Best side dish for rice/roti/idli/dosa.