Broccoli has loads of health benefits, reduces cancer risk, prevents osteoarthritis, protects your skin against UV light, so and so!!! So here is one healthy stir fry recipe that I usually make at home which is masala free too!!! You can have as it is, as a side or can be taken as salad!!! I clicked these pictures few months back and they were sitting in my laptop for a while, just got time to post this 🙂
Broccoli – 1 Small Bunch
Peanuts – 1/3 Cup (If using dry peanuts soak 1 hour atleast and pressure cook with salt for 2 hisses)
Onion – 1 Medium
Red Chili Powder or Flakes – 1tsp or More (Replace with Capsicum)
Lemon juice – 1-2tsp
Pepper Powder – 1tsp
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Salt – As Needed
- Clean and Chop the Broccoli in to small florets.
- Chop the onion, boil peanuts and keep ready with all the ingredients.
- In a kadai/pan add olive oil, temper mustard seeds(optional), fry the chopped onion till it changes color and then add red chili powder or flakes (paprika).
- Add Salt and broccoli florets, saute in medium flame till it becomes tender.
- It’s up to you how much it should cook; I cooked till it turns tender and my 4 yr old also enjoy eating like this.
- If you wish you can cook more time.
- Finally add boiled peanuts and lemon juice, remove from heat.
- This stir fry can be served as a side for rice or mixed with some raw veggies like carrot/cucumber/tomato and eaten as salad.