One easy and healthy one pot meal using broccoli is our today’s recipe. You may think why i am using basmati rice often for this kind off rice varieties… My lil one prefers basmati hence i use frequently but you can use any type of cooked rice for this recipe.
Boiled Rice – 1 and 1/2 Cups
Shredded Broccoli – 3/4th Cup
Egg – 1-2 Numbers (Optional)
Red Chili Powder- 1tsp or As Needed
Pepper Powder – 1/2tsp
Chana Dal – 1 Tbsp
Onion – 1 Medium
Garam Masala Powder -1tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2tsp
Salt and Oil – As Needed
- Soak and cook the basmati rice as per instruction on the package.
- Otherwise soak the basmati rice 40 minutes with 1:1.75 cups ratio of Rice and Water cook the basmati in pressure cooker for 2 hisses or in stove top.
- Meanwhile shred the broccoli and make the other ingredients ready.
- In a pan add a tsp oil grease well and stir fry the eggs (if using) with pepper powder and 1/2tsp salt, transfer it to another bowl and keep aside.
- In the same pan add necessary oil or butter or ghee.
- Temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds when oil is hot.
- Now add chana dal and saute till dal turns golden brown.
- Add the chopped onion saute for 3-4 minutes in medium flame till it turns golden brown (Pic 1).
- Now add red chili powder, garam masala powder saute for 30 seconds and add shred broccoli.
- Saute the broccoli till raw smell disappears, approx 4-5 minutes (Pic 2).
- Now add fried egg mixture saute for a minute (Pic 2)
- Finally add cooked rice (Pic 3) and mix all together.
- Adjust salt and red chili powder at this point, now the Broccoli rice is ready in minutes…
- Serve it plain or with any raita…