but the mentioned measurement will yield 36 cookies…
All Purpose Flour/Maida - 3 Cups
Unsalted Butter - 1 Cup (2 Sticks)
Regular Sugar - 1 Cup
Egg Yolk - 1 Number or replace with milk
Milk - 2 Tbsp or More for cookie dough consistency
Baking Powder - 2tsp
Vanilla Extract - 3tsp
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 3 Tbsp
Chocolate Chips - 3 Tbsp (or replace with cocoa powder)
Butter or Veg Shrotening - 2 Tbsp
- Melt butter or shortening along with chocolate chips(if using) in microwave till chips melts and turn shiny texture, keep the bowl aside, once cooled a bit add cocoa powder to it.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, keep aside this dry ingredient mix.
- Beat room temperature butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until blended well and looks fluffy.
- Add egg yolk if using and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour in 3 batches and for last batch stop it looks too dry so stop using the blender and add milk the necessary milk.
- Now over the kitchen counter mix gently and at this stage you should not see any dry flour anywhere (Pic 1).
- Divide the cookie dough in to 2:1 portions( 2/3 from entire cookie dough for vanilla and 1/3 for choc dough)
- In 1/3rd part add the cocoa mixture, if it looks too dry you can add milk here too.
- But I didn’t add any milk for this cocoa dough.
- Once done, roll the vanilla cookie dough and chocolate cookie dough separately over parchment paper (Pic 2), so lengthwise it should be long and width not more than 8.5 Inches (Pic 2).
- Keep the rolled chocolate dough over vanilla dough and now gently press the chocolate dough to sit over vanilla(Pic 3) and from left side, tightly roll both the doughs lengthwise. If the dough breaks while rolling freeze it for 3minutes or so for easy rolling.
- Once rolled tightly wrap them using cling wrap and smooth it gently over the counter so it sits well without inner gaps.
- Now freeze them for 45-50 minutes and later using sharp knife slice them to 1/3inch size slices (Pic 4).
- Arrange the slices in parchment lined cookie sheetleave enough room between cookies (Pic 5) they will expand at the time of baking), also freeze them till you bake those slices.
- In preheated oven at 325 F bake for 12-15 minutes or the bottom changes slight golden brown (pic 6).
- At the time when cookies are out they looks soft and don’t disturb them for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool over wire rack, after 10 minutes, they will be easy to handle.
- Bake the next batch of cookies and once cooled completely store in air tight container.