Today I am really happy to share my 250th post. Thank you all my dear readers, friends and family members for your consistent support. I want to say one thing before entering into the Vegan Jaggery Apple Cake Recipe in detail, nowadays I am very
busy with household schedules please never mind my absence :-). Especially my blogger friends though I am not visiting your space frequently, you are the one to shower your comments and likes without minding it.
I take this opportunity to thank and say sorry if I hurt anyone. Keep trying my recipes; pass your feedback that means a lot to me :-). Coming to today’s recipe this belongs to easy and healthy bake which includes Apple, Orange, Fruit Mix, Coconut and Jaggery ie purely a vegan recipe. If you want more healthier you can replace half of Unbleached APF with Wheat flour+1/4 tsp Baking Soda, I tried this proportion and works great.
Unbleached APF – 3 Cups
Apple – 2 Numbers (Medium Size, I used Red Delicious Apple)
*Cinnamon Powder – 1 Tbsp
Chopped Nuts/Tutti Frutti/Fruit Mix – 3/4th Cup
Organic Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Jaggery/Dark Brown Sugar – 3/4th Cup
Dark Brown Sugar – 1/4 Cup (Just to get rich color in the cake, replace with any sugar you have)
Thick Coconut Milk – 1/2 Cup Plus 1/4 Cup (Reserve 1/4 Cup to use it later)
Orange Juice (Or) Lemon Juice – 1/4 Cup (Or) 2 Tbsp
Orange Zest – 2-3 Tbsp
Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
Oil – 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp
Baking Soda – 2tsp (I used Double acting Soda)
Salt – 1/4tsp
* I dry fried 2 whole Cinnamon and powdered it with regular sugar (shown below in pic 1).
Vegan Jaggery Apple Cake Preparation
- I used hand whisk throw the whole batter preparation.
- Grate the jaggery (If using), Orange Zest and make all the ingredients ready (Pic 1 below n don’t grate the apple right now).
- Mix all the dry ingredients like flour,salt and baking soda keep it aside (Pic 1).
- In a wide pan take jaggery with 3 Tbsp of water, stir continuously in low flame, till jaggery melts well, if replacing with brown sugar directly add with regular sugar and proceed).
- Remove the jaggery syrup, allow to cool and all all the remaining sugars, oil (Pic 2).
- Make sure the mixture is not hot to proceed further.
- Now add flour mixture in batches, add coconut milk (reserve 1/4 cup) and orange/lemon juice for last batch of flour (Pic 3).
- Add Orange zest, vanilla essence as well (Pic 3).
- At this point grate the apple and add it to the batter as shown in Pic 4, If you grate it so early it gets oxidize soon.
- Now when you mix everything the moisture in the apple get released, so at this time if needed add a tbsp of reserved coconut milk at a time and mix well.
- As the apple leaves more moisture while baking make sure the batter is very thick.
- Finally add tutti frutti or fruit mix and give a gentle stir.
- Divide the batter in 2/8″ Round Cake pans, I added 3/4th in one 10″ pan and remaining i made as cup cakes 🙂 (Pic 5).
- Tap n bake at 350°F for 20-25 or tooth pick inserted at center comes out clean (Pic 6).
- Allow to cool for another 30-40 minutes before slicing the cake.
- I dusted some powdered sugar over the top of the cake, you can go for any frosting over the cake.
- I personally feel its better to melt the jaggery which gives better cake consistency. The grated one i tried a long time back for Egg less Apple Carrot cup cakes and the cake is not even in texture as i noted the jaggery moisture here and there.
- If you want the same to make in pressure cooker check the way here.
Recently I made it again with half of the quantity, as i dont hv sliced cake pictures while posting this recipe, thought of sharing it now…