Bitter Gourd – 4 Numbers (Medium Size)
Onion – 1 Number (Large Size)
Grated Coconut – 2 Tbsp
Red Chili/Sambar powder – 1-2tsp
Red Chili – 1 No
Split Urad dhal and Chana dhal – 2tsp each
Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
Oil,salt – As Required
- Fry the thinly sliced bitter gourd till light golden brown (Drain with paper towel).
- Remove the excess oil from the pan.
- In the same pan sizzle mustard, urad and chana dhal.
- Add chopped onions, whole chili, chili/sambar powder, salt cook till onion changes golden brow color.
- Finally add the fried pavakkai/bitter gourd and coconut, stir well.
- Serve with any dhal/ rasam/curd rice.
Wow!!! that looks so tasty..
I tried making this bitter gourd fry here in Thailand and it turned out well Thanks for the recipe. Please post more recipes in this site http://thaibahts.org so more Indians in Thailand can benefit. 🙂