Today is the (official) first day of spring and in most places scratching summer started already. Nevertheless, when you crave for hot soothing soup then here it is. I am not fond of celery for its smell but I assure this is the best way to take it for its health benefits. Celery has low calories and rich in Vitamin K, C and Magnesium …Today’s soup is a mix of Quinoa, Celery, Broccoli and Chicken (u know chicken breasts are free from carb and fat)…I make it for dinner, so try this diet yet filling and comfort soup…
Chicken Breast (Boneless) – 1/2 Cup
Broccoli – 1/2 Cup (Alternate with Carrot)
Cooked Quinoa – 1/2 Cup
Celery – 4 Stalks
Chicken (Or) Veg Stock/Broth – 1 Can
Onion – 1 Number (Medium)
Garlic – 4 Cloves (Alternate with garlic powder)
Spice/Seasoning/Herb Mix – 1-2tsp (ie garam masala powder also works)
Pepper Powder – 1tsp
Butter or Oil – approx 2-3 Tbsp
Salt – As Needed
- Heat 1n1/2 Tbsp of oil or butter; add chopped 2 stalks of celery, onion and garlic cloves.
- Saute till raw smell disappears and becomes translucent…
- Add this sautéed stuff to chicken/veg stock in a sauce pan(Pic 2) and cook in medium flame, till celery cooked well…
- Filter the stock, keep it aside, the stock will be needed only in final touch.
- Now grind the celery and onion stuff to fine paste (allow to cool completely before grinding).
- Cook the quinoa as per direction or 1:2 proportions of quinoa and water and keep it ready(Pic 4).
- Saute chopped chicken pieces with 1/2tsp of pepper and salt(Pic 4), no need to add oil in this case.
- Cook the chicken well as shown in pic 4.
- Now again in a clean wide pan, melt butter add remaining chopped two celery stalk, broccoli and saute with 1/4tsp of salt.
- Add the ground celery/onion paste, saute for few more minutes like 3-4 minutes with 1/2 cup of water (Pic 3) then add sauteed chicken and cooked quinoa.
- Add the reserved stock and mix all together with remaining pepper powder, spice mix powder(Pic 5).
- Remove from heat when all comes to right thick consistency.
- Since this is a filling thick soup can be taken as it is.
- You can add few baked croutons if you like.