Masala Kaara Pori Recipe
Pori (Murmura) – 3 Cups
Whole Peanuts – 1/2 Cup
Pottukadalai (Roasted Gram) – 1/4 Cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/4tsp
Red Chili powder or Sambar Powder – 1/2tsp
Moor Milagai (Curd chili) – 2 Number (Optional)
Curry Leaves – Few
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Curry Leaves, Salt – As Required
- In medium flame dry roast the peanuts till the skins turn golden brown, keep aside.
- Slice the garlic lengthwise to thin, keep aside.
- In the same peanut roasted kadai heat oil fry the moor milagai, garlic and roasted gram and curry leaves in medium flame.
- When roasted gram/pottukadalai turns light brown add turmeric, chili powder, curry leaves and salt then reduce the flame.
- If the powders and salt does not mix well add few drops of Oil.
- When all mixed well add pori/murmura and roasted peanuts, mix well so that turmeric coats with pori.
- Now reduce the flame to low/simmer and leave it for 5-8 minutes, keep stirring on and off.
- Once done and cooled down, store in a airtight container for shelf use.
- If the garlic is not cooked well then you can’t store it for long days so make sure it turns nice golden brown.
- If you have some fried snacks like corn flakes, sev etc do add it to that.