Slited Green Chili – 2 No
Sliced Tomato – 1 No (Medium Size)
Ginger/Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 2tsp or more
Turmeric Powder – 1tsp
Garam masala powder – 2tsp
Coriander Powder – 2tsp
Biryani masala powder – 1 Tbsp
Chopped Mint & Coriander Leaves – 2 Cups (Loosely packed)
Salt – As Needed
Basmati/Seeraga Samba Rice – 2 Cups
Whole garam masala (Bay leaf, Cinnamon,cloves, cardomom) – 2 Each
Onion – 2 No (Medium)
Oil/Butter – 3 Tbsp or More
Lemon Juice – Few Drops
- Clean the chicken, cut in to pieces.
- In a large bowl marinate the ingredients for more than an hr.
- Soak the basmati ricefor 30-40mins with 2 1/2 cups of water(total liquid quantity should be 3 1/2 cups to get separated rice.
- After 20 mins of rice soaked, Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the whole garam masalas when splutters add lengthy sliced onions and pinch of salt when onion turns golden brown add the marinated chicken, in medium flame cook the chicken till oil separates or the gravy gets thickened.