Chicken Biriyani Nattu Kozhi Biriyani is my hubby’s most favorite. Atleast once in a week he wish to have this version and he rarely prefers mutton/lamb biriyani or restaurant biryanis…The secret of taste lies in the marination part, so try to marinate for couple of hours.
Slited Green Chili – 2 Numbers
Sliced Tomato – 1 Number (Medium Size)
Ginger/Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 2tsp or more
Turmeric Powder – 1tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 2tsp
Coriander Powder – 2tsp
Biryani masala powder – 1 Tbsp
Chopped Mint & Coriander Leaves – 2 Cups (Loosely packed)
Salt – As Needed
Basmati/Seeraga Samba Rice – 2 Cups
Whole garam masala (Bay leaf, Cinnamon,cloves, cardamom) – 2 Each
Onion – 2 Number (Medium)
Oil/Butter – 3 Tbsp or More
Lemon Juice – Few Drops
- Clean the chicken, cut in to pieces.
- In a large bowl marinate the ingredients for more than an hour.
- Soak the basmati rice for 30-40mins with 2 1/2 cups of water(total liquid quantity should be 3 1/2 cups to get separate rice.
- After 20 mins of rice soaked, Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the whole garam masalas when splutters add lengthy sliced onions and pinch of salt when onion turns golden brown add the marinated chicken, in medium flame cook the chicken till oil separates or the gravy gets thickened.
- Now gently mix with rice, add remaining water, check salt, sprinkle lemon juice and cook in electric/ pressure cooker.
- Once done open the lid and leave it as it is for few minutes then mix gently (This way prevents breaking the cooked rice).
The assortments of the Biryani are perpetual and you have the freedom to pick the best as indicated by your taste and enjoying. restaurant listings
Delicious and flavorful Biryani.. My all time favorite 🙂