The picture of this recipe lied in the cover photo of Facebook Fan Page for almost a year n tried to post at least before this Diwali but it happened only now. Very homey ingredients needed to make this Bengali dessert (I used homemade paneer) ,also easy to make in less than 30 minutes. As my kids love this sweet, i made several times in different shapes n colors..Let’s check the recipe in detail…
Ingredients to make Paneer at home
Whole (Full Fat) Milk – 1 n 1/2 Litres
Lemon Juice – 1-2 Tbsp as needed
For stepwise paneer making process check the recipe here.
Ingredients for Sandesh
Paneer – 1 n 1/4 Cups
Sugar – 3/4 – 1 Cup
Food Color – (I used Yellow, Orange n Green)
Milk Powder – 2 Tbsp (Optional)
Cardamom Powder – 1tsp
Method to make Sandesh
- Take the cooled chenna and rub with few tbsps of sugar (Pic 1).
- Or You can blend in mixie for even/lump free smooth consistency.
- Take the ground/kneaded chenna (Pic 2) in non-stick pan with remaining sugar, milk powder (If using) n cardamom powder.
- If desired add food color at this point (Pic 3)…
- Cook in medium flame till they reach rolling consistency (Pic 4, at this time they won’t stick in the pan approx 3-5 mins).
- For more than one color, remove half of the quantity in separate pan and add color.
- When it attains hand bearable temperature, make the shapes as you like (Pic 5).
- I used cookie cutter to get this cute flower shapes (Pic 5).
- Also i used parchment paper as a base for easy/non sticky process (Pic 5).
- No need to apply oil or ghee while making designs.
Complete credite goes to ur cookies cutters Sangee…second thing ur patience to cut those…lovely flowers..tempting..
Tulip shaped sandesh!! very innovative presentation..loved it..
do visit me
Looks so cute and delicious.
I prepared it many times and I also have it in my blog as one of the paneer recipe. Like the cutter and the shape..looks cute..
Sandesh looks delicious and love the shape you have cut it too.. 🙂
cute looking sandesh. love to have it anytime.
Tasty and easy sweet preparation.
Thanks for sharing.
delicious Sandesh!! lovely shaped n great presentation..
looks so cute n nice presentation!!
very cute ! love the sandesh and the presentation !
These little cuties and beauties are so good. I don't make sweets/desserts often but sure it is there when the need arises.
looks so cute.. neat presentation..:)
looks so cute.. love the shape and of course the sweet
Oh those tulip shaped sandesh look so cute.
My fav very smooth sandesh looks so cute 🙂 very nice clicks dear !!
my kids favorite sweet, the shaped sandesh looks so cute 🙂 nice clicks sangee!