The picture of this recipe lied in the cover photo of Facebook Fan Page for almost a year n tried to post at least before this Diwali but it happened only now. Very homey ingredients needed to make this Bengali dessert (I used homemade paneer) ,also easy to make in less than 30 minutes. As my kids love this sweet, i made several times in different shapes n colors..Let’s check the recipe in detail…
Ingredients to make Paneer at home
Whole (Full Fat) Milk – 1 n 1/2 Litres
Lemon Juice – 1-2 Tbsp as needed
For stepwise paneer making process check the recipe here.
Ingredients for Sandesh
Paneer – 1 n 1/4 Cups
Sugar – 3/4 – 1 Cup
Food Color – (I used Yellow, Orange n Green)
Milk Powder – 2 Tbsp (Optional)
Cardamom Powder – 1tsp
Method to make Sandesh
- Take the cooled chenna and rub with few tbsps of sugar (Pic 1).
- Or You can blend in mixie for even/lump free smooth consistency.
- Take the ground/kneaded chenna (Pic 2) in non-stick pan with remaining sugar, milk powder (If using) n cardamom powder.
- If desired add food color at this point (Pic 3)…
- Cook in medium flame till they reach rolling consistency (Pic 4, at this time they won’t stick in the pan approx 3-5 mins).
- For more than one color, remove half of the quantity in separate pan and add color.
- When it attains hand bearable temperature, make the shapes as you like (Pic 5).
- I used cookie cutter to get this cute flower shapes (Pic 5).
- Also i used parchment paper as a base for easy/non sticky process (Pic 5).
- No need to apply oil or ghee while making designs.