Yet another yummy recipe for the mango lovers. This eggless mango chocolate loaf cake is too soft and spongy which can be taken as it is as snack, I use as the base layer for Tiramisu (one layer with Vanilla cake and other with this mango cake). I recently updated with more stepwise pictures…
Fresh Mango – 1 Number or Puree 3/4th Cup
Unsalted Butter – 6 Tbsp (Room Temp)
Rava/Sooji/Semolina – 1/4 Cup
Baking Powder – 1 and 3/4 tsp
- Allow to cool for 30-60 minutes and slice in to loafs.
1. Watery or dropping consistency batter mixture takes long time to bake and cake texture changes very soft and smooth, so make it in to very very thick cake batter.
2. Milk is optional you may need or not depends on the texture of mango puree you use…
3. Use round cake pan and spread the cocoa mixture in center (Start with mango mixture, then cocoa mixture and end with mango mixture) for marble/zebra pattern here.
4. Can make plain mango loaf cake by skipping the cocoa powder.
You can use Semolina up to 1/3 cup to adjust the prepared watery cake batter.