Happy that Vinayagar Chaturthi and my 100threcipe fall on the same day. May God shower you with good Health and Wealth. I want the recipe flexible to all, so I preferred Gajar Ka Halwa | Low or Reduced Fat Carrot Halwa in Pressure Cooker. This is a never fail recipe and anyone can make halwa in jiffy since my method is going to be pressure cooker version. 100% I am dedicating to all my fellow readers…Since it is low in fat don’t doubt the taste, definitely this is close to restaurant taste but guilt free indulgence.. Do try and post your comments. Recipe updated with better pictures recently..Usually our lunch goes as shown in the picture above, mostly typical south Indian elaborate lunch. Do follow my Insta to get my daily updates.
Shredded/Grated Carrot – 3 Cups
Regular Milk – 1n1/2 Cups
Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 Cup
Sugar – ¼ Cup (Optional)
Nuts (Cashew/Raisin/Pista) – 1n1/2 Tbsp
Ghee – 3/4 Tbsp
Cardamom Powder – 1tsp
Red Food Color – 2 Drops (Optional)
- Melt ghee in wide open pan, fry the nuts till they reach light golden brown.
- Add shredded carrots along with nuts saute for few minutes.
- Add regular milk and transfer this to pressure cooker, cook for single whistle.
- Again transfer to the same wide pan, allow evaporating all moisture.
- Add condensed milk and sugar saute well and allow to dry.
- Add food color if desired at this point, mix well.
- The Carrot Halwa is ready 🙂
- I decorated with cloves in the pictures displayed here.
- Can replace ghee with oil for frying nuts.