I had successfully posted recipes for 8 days (continuously) with different neivedhyams and for the 9th day of navrathri I am winding up with this Kalkandu Saadham Rock Candy Pongal Rice Recipe. Today we celebrated Saraswathi pooja with Kalkandu sadam and White chana sundal. Happy Vijayadasami!!! Already I came up with many sundal varieties, so the white chana sundal is similar to Red chori beans sundal. Will move on to the sweet pongal recipe in detail…
Raw Rice – 1 Cup
Kalkandu/Rock Candy – 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp
Coconut Chunks – Few
Cashew nuts n Raisins – 3/4th Tbsp each
Any type of Regular Milk – 3/4th Cup
Ghee – 1 Tbsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 Tbsp
- Soak rice for at least 30 mins.
- Heat ghee in fry the nuts keep aside.
- Put off the stove and add the coconut chunks to the remaining ghee, just toss for 1 min.
- Add Milk, 1 Tbsp of rock candy, soaked Rice n 2 cups of water to the coconut ghee mixture.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Meanwhile powder the remaining candy.
- When pressure is down, mash the cooked rice, add powdered candy, cardamom powder n fried nuts.
- Mix well and serve hot.