I had successfully posted recipes for 8 days (continuously) with different neivedhyams and for the 9th day of navrathri I am winding up with this Kalkandu Saadham Rock Candy Pongal Rice Recipe. Today we celebrated Saraswathi pooja with Kalkandu sadam and White chana sundal. Happy Vijayadasami!!! Already I came up with many sundal varieties, so the white chana sundal is similar to Red chori beans sundal. Will move on to the sweet pongal recipe in detail…
Raw Rice – 1 Cup
Kalkandu/Rock Candy – 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp
Coconut Chunks – Few
Cashew nuts n Raisins – 3/4th Tbsp each
Any type of Regular Milk – 3/4th Cup
Ghee – 1 Tbsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 Tbsp
- Soak rice for at least 30 mins.
- Heat ghee in fry the nuts keep aside.
- Put off the stove and add the coconut chunks to the remaining ghee, just toss for 1 min.
- Add Milk, 1 Tbsp of rock candy, soaked Rice n 2 cups of water to the coconut ghee mixture.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Meanwhile powder the remaining candy.
- When pressure is down, mash the cooked rice, add powdered candy, cardamom powder n fried nuts.
- Mix well and serve hot.
Yummy & delicious Sadham dear… Thanks for linking this to my event…
Inviting you to join my on-going event
Cook Eat Delicious Dessert with Bananas
Lovely presentation for pooja…Kalkandu sadham looks yummy..
Delicious , love your spread for vijayadasami. I need to make one day. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe to Favorite recipes event: Vegetarian recipes
Beautiful presentation, inviting and delicious rock candy rice.
nice and yummy sweet rice…
B-O-O-O-O Halloween Event Oct 5th to Nov 5th
SYF&HWS – Cook with Spices
South Indian Cooking (SIC) Series
Lovely and new recipe.
I too prepared this one on one of the days…one of my favorites…Nicely presented
Loved the festive presentation..Delicious pongal
You have a nice space….following your blog.
My MIL makes this and I Love it… Nice presentation
I have never tried this. looks nice 🙂
Festive presentation n yummy pongal:)
Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving