original recipe without egg had potato flakes, I used cooked potato instead. The rolls were so soft, tasted buttery and was so delicious. We the whole family enjoyed it n prepared it 2 times before posting here. I have given the tastier n healthier recipe in detail from scratch, will move on to the recipe in detail.
Multi Grain/Whole Wheat Flour – 3/4th Cup
Dry active Yeast – 1 and 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Butter – 4 Tbsp
Boiled Potato – 1 Number
Regular Milk – 1 Cup
- In warm milk add yeast, sugar n salt, mix just to dissolve yeast.
- Add butter, halve of the boiled potato n flours (APF+Multi grain flour)
- First mash the potato well n then mix all other ingredients.
- Knead to soft pliable dough, if needed add more milk n salt.
- Rest the dough in warm place for 45-60 mins or till it doubles in size.
- Meanwhile prepare the stuffing.
- By this time dough will ferments n ready to roll, punch the dough to release the air, then make desired shapes.
- I have made 3 shapes out of it,
1) Lion House Shape – I followed this video, but I stuffed potato peas masala as shown in the picture below.
2) Braided Shape – I followed this video, but I have used 3 strands.
3) Clover Shape – Make round balls, cut in to 4 equal parts and place three in muffin pan as shown in picture 4, for video click here.
I have experimented chocolate cup cakes. shown above in the muffin pan which posted here.
- Otherwise just roll to simple round balls.
- After making shapes, grease the cookie/muffin pan with oil/butter and place the rolled buns.
- Again rest it for 30 mins, brush the top with milk+butter mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and bake for 12 mins or buns turn light golden brown.
- After taking out from oven, immediately apply butter on top…
Serve with your favorite spread, We had it with fat free cream cheese…
Tomorrow I am going to post egg based dinner rolls with different shapes, stay tuned…
Taste wise , the plain buns are similar to our authentic south Indian soft round buns…
your braided bread looks too cute to eat and the stuffed bread is yummy by the photos alone 🙂
Lorraine Joy Alegria-Vizcarra
I love that you stuffed it.
Love the stuffing dear.. You made it perfectly..
I have removed your karasev recipe from the event because it doesn't fall under Sweet category and tried your Olla Pakoda recipe and it was super duper hit in my family.. Will post the same in my blog in nearing future..Thanks for the recipe dear..
Dish In 30 minutes event with Giveaway
Oops by mistake I linked it, Thks dear!!!
Walking on Sunshine
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!
Join my ongoing EP events-Asafoetida OR Fennel seeds @ Divya's Culinary Journey
Welcome to this awesome baking group.You did such a fab job esp with the stuffed roll.
Lovely stuffed buns.
Beautiful buns, you done very well.
Awesome n perfectly baked!!!
wow…these buns looks perfect n wonderfully made…stuffed buns are my fav 🙂
Loving that stuffed buns, looks absolutely fabulous and beautifully done.
Whoa!!! Awesome idea for stuffing to it 🙂 Superb 🙂 Nice to have you in our group 🙂
Amazing dinner rolls indeed ! very nice post!
wow!!Loved the stuffed buns. Looks awesome
wow very excellent akka… i am fan of braided bun have to try soon…
well made sangeetha 🙂
The bread basket looks so inviting… Soft n yummy
Loved both stuffed rolls and spicy buns….nicely done…explained neatly.
Lovely dinner rolls,well explained
Welcome to the group…:)
Perfectly baked and lovely rolls…Loved the idea of making stuffed rolls..
Vidhya Viju Govind
Stuffed Buns – nice surprise! – well baked dear ! welcome to the group 🙂