Guys many of the you had highly recommended this recipe, one of
the reader wrote as “Your cakes are awesome, I tried your basic birthday cake
and came out very well, you always doing back breaking works from scratch why
do you share a quick 2mins mug cake for us” long time back I received this
email n kept post ponding this recipe, somehow successfully posted it today
with 2 in 1 yup both chocolate and vanilla recipes are given here. Soft n moist
cakes will be ready in 1 to 1.30mins, if you are seeking alternate
method for microwave/oven don’t
worry I have given in note section…Hope this satisfies you all.
Basic Custard Powder or Corn Starch/Flour – 2 Tbsp (Replace it with All Purpose Flour)
Semolina/Sooji/Rava – 3 Tbsp (Replace with All Purpose Flour)
APF/Maida – 2 Tbsp
Powdered Sugar – 3 Tbsp
Baking Powder – 1/4tsp
Baking Soda – 1/8tsp
Butter – 2 Tbsp
Hot water – 1/4 Cup
Vanilla Extract – 1tsp
Salt – A PinchMethod for Vanilla Mug Cake
- Soak semolina in hot water for 5mins.
- Mix Custard Powder,APF,Baking powder,Soda n salt in a separate bowl.
- Meanwhile melt butter or cream butter n sugar (Pic 2) if making in large quantity.
- If melting the butter then add sugar, mix well.
- Add Vanilla extract, now add the soaked sooji n mix the dry flour ingredients.
- While mixing for dropping consistency you may need another 1 Tbsp of milk/water(Pic 3).
- Drop half of the coffee mug with batter and microwave it for less than 2mins (Pic 4).
Chocolate Mug Cake
The same above ingredients instead of vanilla extract you need any one
Baking Chocolate – 1 OZ
Cocoa Powder – 1 n 1/2 Tbsp
Instant Coffee Powder + Cocoa Powder – 1/2 Tbsp + 3/4th Tbsp
- If using chocolate squares, microwave or use double boiler and melt the chocolates first.
- Can melt choco along with butter too.
- If using cocoa or coffee powder mix with custard n other dry ingds.
- Now the same process what we did for vanilla mug cake above, check the batter consistency.
- Mix a smooth/loose batter otherwise the mug cake dry out soon.
- If using sweetened chocolate reduce the sugar.
- The alternate for Oven/Microwave is steaming the cake, here is the stepwise steamed cake recipe.
- Here I have halved the recipe for chocolate mug cake, so can be done perfectly in 1min.
- Long time back experimented this cake while making soft buns here is the proof with pictures.