Guys many of the you had highly recommended this 1 minute vanilla chocolate mug cake recipe, one of the reader wrote as “Your cakes are awesome, I tried your basic birthday cake and came out very well, you always doing back breaking works from scratch why do you share a quick 2 minutes mug cake for us” long time back I received this email and kept postponing this recipe, somehow successfully posted it today with 2 in 1 yup both chocolate and vanilla recipes are given here. Soft and moist cakes will be ready in 1 to 1.30 mins, if you are seeking alternate
method for microwave/oven don’t worry I have given in note section…Hope this satisfies you all.
Semolina/Sooji/Rava – 3 Tbsp (Replace with All Purpose Flour)
APF/Maida – 2 Tbsp
Powdered Sugar – 3 Tbsp
Baking Powder – 1/4tsp
Baking Soda – 1/8tsp
Butter – 2 Tbsp
Hot water – 1/4 Cup
Vanilla Extract – 1tsp
Salt – A Pinch
Method for Vanilla Mug Cake
- Soak semolina in hot water for 5mins.
- Mix Custard Powder,APF,Baking powder,Soda n salt in a separate bowl.
- Meanwhile melt butter or cream butter n sugar (Pic 2) if making in large quantity.
- If melting the butter then add sugar, mix well.
- Add Vanilla extract, now add the soaked sooji n mix the dry flour ingredients.
- While mixing for dropping consistency you may need another 1 Tbsp of milk/water(Pic 3).
- Drop half of the coffee mug with batter and microwave it for less than 2mins (Pic 4).
Chocolate Mug Cake
The same above ingredients instead of vanilla extract you need any one
Baking Chocolate – 1 OZ
Cocoa Powder – 1 n 1/2 Tbsp
Instant Coffee Powder + Cocoa Powder – 1/2 Tbsp + 3/4th Tbsp
- If using chocolate squares, microwave or use double boiler and melt the chocolates first.
- Can melt chocolate along with butter too.
- If using cocoa or coffee powder mix with custard n other dry ingredients.
- Now the same process what we did for vanilla mug cake above, check the batter consistency.
- Mix a smooth/loose batter otherwise the mug cake dry out soon.
- If using sweetened chocolate reduce the sugar.
- The alternate for Oven/Microwave is steaming the cake, here is the stepwise steamed cake recipe.
- Here I have halved the recipe for chocolate mug cake, so can be done perfectly in 1min.
- Long time back experimented this cake while making soft buns here is the proof with pictures.