It’s my long time wish to bake egg free version of heart shaped apple carrot cupcakes. As Valentine day is nearing I tried heart shaped cupcakes from usual/round muffin pan. When I browsed some says using marble stone and few suggested rolled aluminum foil to get the heart shape from regular pan. Since I don’t have marble stones, I rolled dried beans in aluminum foil and tried my best. To my surprise it came out well. I applied cream cheese frosting and decorated with colored sprinkles, frosting is purely optional you can have it plain too. Try this simple yet healthy Cupcakes/Muffins, your kids will definitely enjoy for sure. These tempting cupcakes disappear quickly right? So never minded to click in dull light this time 🙂
APF/Maida – 1 Cup
Shredded Carrot and Apple – 1/2 Cup
Baking Powder – 1/2tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2tsp
Brown Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Vanilla Extract – 1/2tsp
Salt – 1/4tsp
Butter – 4 Tbsp (Room Temp) or more
Yogurt/Curd – 1/2 Cup
Milk – 1/4 Cup
Cinnamon and Cloves Powder – 3/4th Tbsp
Chopped nuts – 1/4 Cup (Optional)
Yields – 8-10 Heart Cupcakes
- Peel the skin and shred the Carrot first.
- Mix the dry ingredients flour, baking soda, powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar till soft and smooth.
- Add yogurt, cinnamon and cloves powder, vanilla extract and beat for another 2-3 mins Pic 2.
- Now peel and grate the apple using large hole in the grater.
- Add the shredded stuffs and mix well.
- Now slowly add dry ingredients in batches Pic 3.
- Add milk 1/2 tbsp at a time to attain the dropping consistency.
- Now place the paper liners in muffin pan, add some dried beans to a piece of aluminum foil as shown in Pic, and roll tightly.
- Keep this balls gently between pan n paper liner as shown in Pic 4
- Now drop the batter 3/4th in each muffin as shown in Pic 1 below
- Even the batter all over the edges using small spoon or toothpick.
- Bake at 350° F for 15mins or toothpick inserted at center comes out clean Pic 2.
- Allow to cool using cool rack for another 30 mins and remove the paper liner.
- Apply frosting (I used Cream Cheese Frosting) and decorate to your creativity.
- Can use either Apple or Carrot too and can decrease to 1 cup for 1 cup flour, but I increased a bit…