I have a great friend who is a regular reader cum visitor to my blog, who has sent today’s red capsicum chutney recipe :-). She is one among the top 5 FB fan page likers, Google Members so n so. Also I want to add, she try my recipes n never forget to like those recipe links :-). She is a great cook and love her non veg Biryani to core. Once in a while we chat as we live
in different states. She has sent this recipe recently thru FB message n stated that this chutney is one among her favorite recipe. Even I tried and tasted several times before posting here. Thanks for sharing this delicious chutney Arul , we too liked it much and expecting many more recipes from you 🙂
Red Bell pepper(red capsicum) – 1 Number (Large)
Tomato – 1/2 Number
Tamarind – 1 Small Amla size
Red Chili Powder/Chili Flakes – 1 tsp and more
Salt – as Needed
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – Few
Oil – 1 n 1/2 Tbsp
- Soak the tamarind in hot water for few minutes before grinding.
- Cut the capsicum in to pieces, remove seeds.
- Grind raw capsicum,tomato and soaked tamarind to a fine paste (Pic 1, don’t add water).
- Heat the pan, add oil, season with mustard and curry leaves followed by raw paste (Pic 2).
- Add chilly powder and salt, saute well for another 5 mins or till raw smell disappears, also reduces in quantity and oil separates (Pic 3).