I have a great friend who is a regular reader cum visitor to my blog, who has sent today’s red capsicum chutney recipe :-). She is one among the top 5 FB fan page likers, Google Members so n so. Also I want to add, she try my recipes n never forget to like those recipe links :-). She is a great cook and love her non veg Biryani to core. Once in a while we chat as we live
in different states. She has sent this recipe recently thru FB message n stated that this chutney is one among her favorite recipe. Even I tried and tasted several times before posting here. Thanks for sharing this delicious chutney Arul , we too liked it much and expecting many more recipes from you 🙂
Red Bell pepper(red capsicum) – 1 Number (Large)
Tomato – 1/2 Number
Tamarind – 1 Small Amla size
Red Chili Powder/Chili Flakes – 1 tsp and more
Salt – as Needed
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – Few
Oil – 1 n 1/2 Tbsp
- Soak the tamarind in hot water for few minutes before grinding.
- Cut the capsicum in to pieces, remove seeds.
- Grind raw capsicum,tomato and soaked tamarind to a fine paste (Pic 1, don’t add water).
- Heat the pan, add oil, season with mustard and curry leaves followed by raw paste (Pic 2).
- Add chilly powder and salt, saute well for another 5 mins or till raw smell disappears, also reduces in quantity and oil separates (Pic 3).
- Serve with Idli/Dosa/Tiffin Varieties.
- I usually serve it with Whole grain Idli/Dosa or Kambu Dosa…
i love anything with red bell pepper..i love this chutney very much…
tangy chutney n nice colour
Great, love this recipe.
I love this dip!!! Try out a variant… first roast red bellpepper on direct flame and then grind it 🙂 Will get smoky flavors in it…
sure n thanks Shruti 🙂
Love this bright,catchy and fingerlicking chutney, love very much with crispy dosas.
The only two types of chutneys I have made before are mango and tomato. Interesting and unique work of the peppers for a delicious and inviting outcome.
super chutney,love it!!
Thank you very much sangee 🙂
I hv to say it da 🙂
like this version sangee.. will try it and see 🙂
love it dear
Beautiful color, the dip looks delicious.
Super-yummy chutney, Sangeetha! 😀
Super-tempting and yummy chutney Sangeetha… Loved the colour 🙂