Usually kebabs are cooked on skewers and kebab refers to meat that is cooked over or next to flame. I preferred unique stove top grilling method and this brings a very divine and authentic restaurant kebab taste. The inner soft and juicy chickens are liked very much by my kids, also I have added mild spices for them.You can increase green chilis as per your need n use oven or Barbecue grills as you wish. Try this and it’s going to be a keeper recipe for sure 🙂
Adapted from here
Boneless Chicken – 1 Pound (450gms)
Whole Green Chili – 2 Numbers
Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/2 Cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2tsp
Yogurt/Curd – 2 Tbsp
Pepper – 1/2tsp
Optional Handful of Mint
Optional Red Chili and Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp each
Salt and Oil – As Required
Wooden Skewers – As Needed
- Soak the wooden skewers at least 30 mins before use.
- Clean and cut the chicken in to cubes.
- Grind all the other ingredients except pepper,salt and oil.
- Marinate the green chili paste with chicken overnight or at least 2 hours (Pic 1).
- Refrigerate after mixing/marinating the chicken cubes.
- Before start grilling add the chicken cubes in wooden skewers sparsely (Pic 2).
- I have used the pulka maker here for grilling.
- I don’t want the chickens to cook/smoke in direct heat so i used an un used dosa pan.
- Heat the dosa pan over that place the pulka maker (Pic 2).
- Place 2 or 3 skewers and cook it by turning frequently.
- Drizzle oil over each chicken pieces (Pic 3).
- Once 3/4th done, directly place the chicken over dosa pan(Pic 4) to ensure it cooked completely.
- Remove the kebabs from skewers by this time and toss well in the same pan for few more minutes with pepper.
- Finally serve with salad and vegetables 🙂
- You can add mint leaves while grinding if you like the flavor.
- The gas mark/heat should be in high flame otherwise it won’t reach the top of the grill.