Chopped Carrot and Beans – 2 Cups
Small Green Chilis – 3-5 Numbers (Replace with Bell Pepper/Capsicum)
Onion – 1 Number (Medium Size)
Shredded Coconut – 2 – 3 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4tsp
Split Chana Dhal or Urad dhal – 1 Tbsp
Curry Leaves – Few
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Salt and Water – As Needed
• Add the chopped veggies in pressure cooker with 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 tsp salt.
• Pressure cook up to 1 hiss sound.
• Grind the green chili’s in small jar or using mortar/pestle to coarse paste.
• Heat oil in a pan, allow mustard seeds to splutter.
• Add Chana dal saute till golden brown.
• Add chopped onions, curry leaves, chili paste and saute till onion changes light golden brown.
• Now add cooked vegetables, (stew can be used in making soup or substitute in any gravies).
• Finally add the shredded coconut, adjust salt and serve with Rice, Sambar, Rasam and Butter Milk.