Recipe source :- Dutchtable
APF/Maida – 1 and 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 + 2 Tbsp (lukewarm)
Butter – 1 and 1/2 Tbsp
Instant Yeast – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 Tbsp
Raisins – 2 Tbsp
Vanilla – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
For the Basic Custard Cream Filling
Regular Milk – 1 n 1/4 Cups
Cornstarch – 1 + 3 Tbsp (If you have custard powder then use as alternate for 3 Tbsp)You can make the custard pudding a day before and refrigerate. For the stepwise preparation and instructions for basic custard check here.
French Cream Filling
1 pkt French Vanilla Pudding
1/3 cup of sour cream
(Just mix the pudding with haf amount of water and sour cream, refrigerate till use)
For the glaze
Apricot Jam – 2 Tbsp ( I used Strawberry Jam)
Warm Water – 1/2 Tbsp
- Soak the raisins in warm water and set aside for 30 minutes, then drain it.
- In a wide bowl, add the flour, salt, sugar and yeast, mix well with hand whisk or hand.
- Now add the butter and the vanilla, mix well now it looks in crumb texture.
- Now add the milk little at a time and knead into a smooth dough.
- Cover and proof until doubled in size (40 mins-1 hour).
- Once the dough has proofed, punch the dough and knead again for few minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface or over parchment paper, roll out the dough into a squarish shape, 12×12 inches approximate.
- Spread the vanilla pudding, leaving an inch on all sides.
- Sprinkle the soaked raisins over the pudding.
- Now roll the dough to form a cylindrical shape.
- Place the seam down and cut the roll into equal slices of about an inch.
- Place the slices on a lined baking Sheet, cover and again proof for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F, now brush the rolls with melted butter and bake them until golden brown or around 25 minutes.
- For the glaze, Mix the jam with warm water and brush the rolls after taking them out of the oven.
- Brush them again, when they’ve slightly cooled, serve warm with a cup of coffee.
- Make thicker pastry cream and to spreadable consistency, feel free to use any pastry cream recipe.
- Also don’t stuff more pastry cream, make it even all over the dough.
- Roll the stuff tightly to get perfect round buns.
- While cutting in to slices, make sure to use clean knife each time, so they cut without sticking.