Chicken Keema Curry is something special for us as my two kiddos love this soft minced chicken in a mild spiced curry (I have given moderate spices, you can adjust to your taste). I make it often for the lil one when he asks for chicken :-). So if you have toddler or kids under age 4 this curry is an apt recipe for them to swallow as mini bites. Mostly I serve this curry with rice for them, we adults usually have it with chapati/Dosa or it can be taken as it is by squeezing few drops of lemon juice and raw onions. It tastes too good with all those combination…
Minced Chicken – 1lb (Around 450 gms, I minced the regular chicken in food processor)
Onions – 2 Numbers (Large)
Tomatoes – 2 Numbers (Medium)
Green Chili – 1-2 Numbers
Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2tsp
Chana Dal – 1 Tbsp
Curry n Coriander Leaves – Few
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Salt – As Needed
Ingredients to Roast
Cinnamon – 2″ Stick split in to two
Cloves – 2 Numbers
Coriander Seeds – 2 n 1/2 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2tsp
Poppy Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Whole Dried Red chilis – 2-3 Numbers
Garlic – 5-6 Numbers
Ginger – Equivalent to garlic
- Clean the chicken, drain the water completely then mince it.
- I used regular mixie and used pulse mode to mince it (Pic 3).
- In a tsp of oil roast the ingredients given under “To Roast” (Pic 1) and make a fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat oil in a kadai/pressure pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters add chana dal.
- When dal turns golden brown add chopped onions and sauté well.
- Add chopped tomato, curry leaves, turmeric powder, salt and slit green chilis.
- When tomato completely mashed well (Pic 2) add ground masala paste (Pic 2), minced chicken, adjust salt and pressure cook with 1/4 cup water for 2-3 whistles in medium flame.
- If pressure goes off add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- If curry looks watery then you can cook for another couple of minutes to get thick/dry (Pic 4).
- Goes very well with Rice, Chapati and Tiffin Varieties.
- You can make the same curry with lamb as well.
- You can add 1/4 cup of green peas if you like.
I never tried this yet..Once will try and tell you.
Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory)
Keema curry is one of my favorites, but never tried it with chicken. Yours look yummylicious!
Actually I havent try a curry with minced meet,this looks delicious and makes me interesting on trying!
My fav sis, very nicely made love it…
Looks yummy . love it
My favourite …. came out well…
Kheema is one of those I love. I shall try this delicious version with lamb since my other half doesn't eat chicken.
nice Recipe and well explained 🙂
simply yummy recipe..wonderfully done…