Peeled, Cooked and Finely Chopped Jackfruit seeds – 1.5 Cups
Onion – 1 Medium Size
Chana Dal – 1.5 Tbsp
Green Chili – 2-3 Numbers
Shredded Coconut – 3-4 Tbsp
Curry Leaves – Few
Fennel Seeds – 1/4tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2tsp
Salt – As Needed
Oil – As Needed
Palakottai Poriyal Preparation
- When you get raw jack seeds, wash the seeds and dry for 2-3
days in an air circulating space.
- If you get direct sunlight you can dry one day under it that’s fine.
- Once you feel it’s easy to peel off the skin, stop drying
and peel the jack seeds skin.
- Cook the peeled jack seeds in pressure cooker
with enough salt and water.
- Once cooled down (Pic 1) chop the seeds in to fine slices
as shown in picture 2.
- Make the other stuffs ready Pic 2.
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan and temper with fennel and mustard
- Once mustard stops crackling add the chana dal and saute till it changes
- Add chopped onion, chopped green chili, curry leaves and turmeric
- Add 1/4tsp of salt to it and saute till onion turns golden brown.
add chopped jackseeds, garam masala powder and shredded coconut.
- Mix all
together and remove from flame.
- Serve it with hot piping rice and curry.