Today I am here with chicken fried rice with hot homemade peri peri (Piri Piri, Africa’s hottest sauce) recipe. For kid sake I reduce chili powder so adjust spices accordingly and this is our family favorite.I added few veggies, its optional, if you get time you can chop and add otherwise ignore. Also the marinating part is very important, which enhances the taste.Will move in to the detailed post….
For Peri Peri Sauce
I took it from here and for mild spice I have reduced the quantity to halve, you can increase accordingly.
Red Chili – 2 Numbers (Adjust spice level to your taste….2 will be mildly spicy while 6 will be very spicy)
Lemon Juice – 1n1/2 Tbsp
Red Chili Flakes – 2tsp (Alternate with Paprika/Red Chili Powder)
Red Chili Powder – 1/2tsp
Oregano – 3/4tsp (Alternate with Dried Basil Or Methi Leaves)
Oil – 1 Tbsp (I use Olive Oil)
Garlic – 2-3 Numbers
Red Capsicum – 1/2 Number (I skipped it)
Black Pepper – 1/2tsp
Salt – As Needed
Ingredients for Peri Peri Chicken Fried Rice
Basmati or Jasmine Rice – 1 Cup
Chicken – 1/2 Pound or almost 250 Grams
Carrot and Beans – 1/3 Cup (Optional)
Onion -1 Number, chopped
Chopped Garlic – 2 Numbers
Red or Green Capsicum – 1/2 Number
Tomato Ketchup – 1 Tbsp
Soya Sauce – 1 Tbsp
Hot Red Chili Sauce – 1-2tsp (Optional can adjust with chili powder)
Olive or Any Cooking Oil – 2 Tbsp
Spring Onion – Few, Chopped
Salt – As Needed
- Soak n Cook rice as per instructions, make sure not to make it mushy.
- Spread the cooked rice so they don’t stick each other.
- Clean the chicken and cut in to 1-1n1/2 inch thin strips
- Blend all the ingredients(Pic 1) given under peri peri sauce to smooth paste.
- Marinate the chicken with homemade peri peri sauce and 1 Tbsp of oil for at least 30-40 mins(Pic 2).
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wide pan/kadai add sliced onion, capsicum n chopped garlic (Pic 3).
- Saute well, then add chopped veggies and saute till it becomes tender(Pic 4).
- Now add marinated chicken (Pic 4), tomato ketch up, chili sauce and cook in medium flame till chicken cooked well.
- Add Pepper powder(Pic 5) to taste approx 1tsp, soy sauce and then add cooked rice (Pic 6).
- Finally add chopped spring onion, adjust salt, mix all together (Pic 7).
- Serve with ketchup or raita…