Cranberry Peanut Chutney , For the very first time I bought cranberries recently and luckily they are organic and washed. When I tasted raw I found some similarities with south Indian kalakai/ Carissa carandas, so I felt it would be great to use in chutneys. Since they are tangy I skipped tomato/Tamarind and added few peanuts that made them a great combo for this chutney and tasted awesome. What else we moms need when kids enjoy the homemade healthy food like this cranberry chutney with natural attractive color :-).
Cranberry – 1/2 Cup
Onion – 1 Medium
Chana Dal – 1 Tbsp
Urad Dal – 1 Tbsp
Salt – As Needed
Grated Ginger – 1tsp (Optional)
Coriander Powder – 1tsp
Roasted Peanut – 1/3 Cup
Red Chilis- 2 Numbers
Red Capsicum – 1/4 Slice
Cranberry Peanut Chutney Preparation
- In a wide pan/kadai heat a tbsp of oil add roughly chopped onion, red chili, red capsicum, urad and chana dal saute for 2-3 minutes in medium flame till onion changes color.
- Now add washed whole cranberries, salt and saute in medium flame for another 4-5 minutes till cranberries turn translucent.
- Finally add coriander powder and switch off the flame.
- When the mixture cooled completely grind it with roasted peanuts, adjust salt and water according to your taste.
- Serve it with hot dosa or idlis, here i served it with sponge Kollu/Horsegram Dosa.
- Also this chutney tastes good with hot rice + ghee.
Instead of peanut you can use almonds or coconut.
This looks very tempting and inviting:) Yumm 🙂
A new recipe and sounds very delcious
Cranberry chutney looks delicious very nice.
Beautiful color n very tempting….But except S.berries other all berries r very costly here…:)
Very unique kind of chutney. ..nice
Superb color chutney
Lovely color on chutney.. Am sure it tastes great!
That's a really delicious looking cranberry chutney. My cousin makes cranberry pickle and it tastes yum.I will send her your recipe link.
I am hosting an event this month. Please link your mushroom recipes.
nice yummy chutney
must try recipe.. I hv bookmarked.. Eventhough my sis told me adding cranberry instead of tamarind never tried it.. should try