I never knew that stuffed tomatoes tastes too good till I made this…Thanks Sharanya for suggesting it for the International Food Challenge. We totally liked it especially kids loved the cheese topped tomatoes…Let’s move on to the recipe in detail, this takes very few minutes to prepare and great side for any type of meal.
Few Info about Andalusia
Andalusia is one of the most populous and second largest autonomous communities in Spain , stretching south from sunny cities Cordoba and Seville all the way to Atlantic ocean and the Mediterranean sea . The name “Andalusia” was derived from the Arabic word “ Al- Andalus”. Andalusia boasts many delicious foods offering travelers a chance to stimulate their palettes while exploring.
Recipe Source: Allrecipes
Tomatoes – 6 (Any variety works)
Bread Crumbs – 100 gms
Parsley/Cilantro – 3 Tbsp (Finelt Chopped )
Salt – As needed
Black Pepper – 1tsp
Butter or Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
Onion – 1 Number (Large)
Grated Cheese – 1/3 Cup Approx (I used mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
Thyme (Optional ) – 1/2tsp
- Cut the tomatoes into half(Pic 1), scoop out the seeds and juice (Pic 1, Save it for the stuffing).
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parsley/Cilantro, salt, pepper along with the saved tomato seeds and juice.
- Pre heat the oven at 300° F.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, sauté the onions till they become soft (Pic 2).
- Add the breadcrumbs mixture to the sautéed onions and mix (Pic 2).
- Keep off the heat add some cheese and mix it.
- Spoon the filling to the tomatoes (Pic 3).
- Top it with some more cheese(Pic 3) and bake on greased/parchment paper lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or till tomatoes shrinks a bit.
- Serve it warm (Pic 4).
looks delicious.. lovely clicks..
Thank you all for ur wonderful comments!!!
a great appetizer!nice clicks
lovely recipe n clicks!
ooh my mouth is watering – these look so good!
a perfect starter recipe…tomatoes and cheese are a good combination
Good Recipe.My lil boy loves tomatoes.I think this is perfect recipe for him.
Delicious stuffed tomatoes very yumm.
looks so yumm.
look so delicious …love the bake
Gorgeous and love the whole package esp when cheese is concern.
I can have this stuffed tomtoes happily with some french fries tonite for my dinner.
super inviting dear
Stuffed tomatoes are beautifully done .
Stuffed tomatoes looks appetizing akka and yet i want to try this with paneer
Love the stuffed tomatoes……. Looks so pretty !!